Want to plan a trip with not so royal budget? Do you want some romance in your committed life? This place will make you fall in love with its own ravishing Rajput-era palaces, serene lakes and romantic sunsets. As the “White Pearl of Rajasthan”, Udaipur will fascinate you with its elegant and soothing vibes as well as with its upheld culture and heritage makes it the best call for wedding and pre-wedding photo- shoots. Have a look at its main attractions:
1. Fateh sagar lake
Named after Maharana Fateh Singh of Udaipur and Mewar, this is one of the four artificial lakes of Udaipur and is the most splendid place. It provides privilege of long drives for 8.1km. Fateh sagar gives the view of fountains which impart colorful tinge to the place at night. Scenic mountains make it one of the most rated tourist attractions.
- Moti Magri: A hill also known as pearl hill facing Fateh Sagar has a monument of Maharana Pratap seated on his horse Chetak. One can just walk up to the hill with friends and family or go on a short picnic.
- Rani road: It is an extended part of Fateh Sagar, a long road with a queue of hills on one side and a sheet of water on another.
- Camel ride: Camels are dressed in traditional Rajasthani manner with bells in their necks and vibrant clothing. Sitting on them will give you tickling sensations in the belly and will prove to be extreme fun.
2. City Palace:
Being renowned as city of palaces, Udaipur has an artistic palace known as city palace. Located at bank of Pichola Lake, it is the oldest palace from over 400 years ago. From its architecture to the crystal gallery, it has an alluring presentation of the heritage and cultures of the rulers of Mewar dynasty.
- Museum: Zenana Mahal is the main place where armors, paintings, photographs and majestic sigma are seen. As you move through the palace, walls are gracefully lined by mirrors all around. Windows give the divine view of Lake Pichola and Taj Lake Palace.
- Crystal gallery: It consists of classy crystal articles of everything from small candle stand and crockery to even sofas and beds.
3. Lake Pichola
Pichola is the second most beautiful lake in old Udaipur. The beauty of ghat gives it an extraordinary look and is built with the sense of maintaining the heritage.
- Ambrai Ghat: Located near the waterfront of Lake Pichola and is the popular lake side location. As the sun goes down the place is enlightened with guitarists. One is mesmerized by splashing of lake’s water at the ghat with colorful beam of lights. It is one of the most romantic places of Udaipur and hence a destination for pre wedding photo shoots.
- Gangaur ghat: Everybody knows this place because of movies like “Ye Jawani hai Diwani” and “Ramleela”. Traditional music by rajasthani musicians at the bank of Pichola along with the flowing breeze is the best way to relax after a long busy day. Bagore ki haweli, adjacent to it is known for the evening performance of folk dance and music, tribal dance, puppet shows. An astonishing sight of rajasthani culture is seen in the form of kalbelia and dharohar dance.
- Dhoodh Talai Lake: This is another pond near Pichola. This ghat is famous for boating – trip to Udaipur is incomplete without this boat ride. This ride starts from Dhoodh Talai, gives the closest look of Jag Mandir, Taj Lake Palace and City Palace leaving the travellers spellbound.
4. Karni mata temple
Manshapurana karni mata temple near Dhoodh Talai is on the top of Machla Magra hill. One can have the view of whole city and Lake Pichola from the top as well as while climbing.
Most exciting thing about this place is “ropeway” to reach the temple. Cable car from the Deen Dhayal Park near Dhoodh Talai to hilltop gives the most astounding scene of Aravalis and white city.
5. Sajjangarh: the monsoon palace
A white palace situated at the hill is another most incredible site for pre wedding photoshoots. Beauty of this place is most astonishing during monsoon as our feet feel the clouds below. There is long hill road uphill to Sajjangarh. This place offers panoramic view of city and lakes. Sajjangarh is known for the biological park and also well known as “Sunset point of Udaipur” because of the blissful golden yellow glow that covers the top of Aravali in evenings after sunset.
6. Kumbhalgarh fort
A Person who visits Udaipur should never miss Kumbhalgarh and Ranakpur Jain Temple. This fort is the 2nd largest fort of Rajasthan after Chittorgarh fort. A heritage walk along the wall of 38km is the second longest in the world after The Great Wall of China. The wall runs through the Kumbhalgarh National Park, which provides shelter to a number of endangered species.